Monday, February 25, 2019

David Turned 8!! - Celebrate with 3 NEW Notebook Covers!



What a great and busy weekend we had!! I can't believe that my 4th child, my baby, my gentle giant turned 8 years old!! It seems like just yesterday I held him in my arms trying to decide a name for him. It took my husband and me a few hours to name him. 

We had purchased tickets to see the Kratt brothers months back. We knew Sarah had a gymnastics meet that weekend but never thought it would be on the same day as the tickets!! Turns out it was!! She had her meet, the Brittany Coppedge Invitational in Raleigh at 1pm. The show started at 4:30. 

We made it!! David had no idea that we had gotten him tickets. We had also gotten him a new video game for his Ninetendo Switch!! He found out at the meet about seeing the Kratt Brothers. 
He is such a sweet young man. I was so happy to surprise him with this. 

Sarah had a great time with her event. She didn't do as well on the floor as she had in the past. I saw her face when her team mate KILLED it on the floor and scored a 9.8. I was very happy for her team mate. She covered her mouth in shock. I almost cried for her!! Sarah was happy for her but I could see in her face that she knew the competition was fierce!! I always tell her that "You can't be the best , unless you compete against the best!!" 
Sarah congratulated her team mate and some of the girls on the other teams. 
I was so proud of THAT!! 
Sarah did well, and took 1st place all around... She is a good gymnast. What I want her to be is a great follower of Christ. Sometimes that means swallowing your pride and humbling yourself. This was a great weekend for that!! 
While many of the parents want their children to win, I want her to win at life! Yes, she's dedicated, yes she works hard, but I want her to learn to lose, to be a graceful, humble loser and to pick herself up when the going gets tough!!! 
Next weekend, Myrtle Beach!!! Coastal Classic. 
This coming week is especially fun because she and I will be traveling with our friends, Mrs. Spencer and Khloe!!!




To Celebrate David's birthday and Sarah's meet, I created some more notebook covers that i'm going to share today. These are really cute. I hope you enjoy them. 

**Please do NOT share these files. Have your friends and family come to my blog to download them. I DO NOT require an email or a subscription to download these files. Enjoy. 

God Bless, 
Laura

Click To Download

Click To Download

Click to Download



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Back to School 2022!!