Tuesday, November 22, 2011

How Many are too many??

Can you have too many cloth diapers??? Do I really need enough diapers for a week?

The answer to both questions are "NO".

1. I don't think I can have too many diapers. I don't usually start potty training my children till they're closer to 3. So all my diapers will get used...even if I've got 50. With a large rotation of diapers I don't have to worry about running out of diapers or wearing out my diapers so quickly.

2. I don't need enough diapers for a week. I would NEVER let my diapers sit in urine for that long. I usually wash every other day and sometimes EVERY Day. The longer you let your diapers sit in the urine and bacteria, the shorter the life span of the diaper. Urine will eat through all your PUL and Elastic.

There's a great article with more specific data about this issue:
http://wazoodle.com/index.php/diapermaking/fabric-decomp/


I could easily get away with 24 pocket diapers. My problem is that I LOVE all the cute minky prints and now that i'm involved with the new Babyville Boutique line as a Design Team member, I can't help but want to make my son cute diapers with Babyville's new prints.

What's a mom to do? I've decided to make my little man new pocket diapers with the BV PUL but i'm making him some one size diapers so that they last him until he doesn't need them.

I've got so many of them, they should all last a long, long, long time.

God Bless,
Laura
Precious Bunz Diapers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Back to School 2022!!