Friday, June 12, 2009

And She's Off

Off and running. It's official. Sarah is now walking. It actually looks funny. She's not even 10 months. She has tiny feet for her size, she's only a size 2. When she walks, It's doesn't look right because she's so small. Either way...she's walking and it's adorable to me. She likes to be near me, so it's working out quite nicely. She plays and then comes to find me. If I don't see her, then I go and find her. I caught her in the bathroom, because I heard the toilette flush. I walked in to see a huge grin on her face as if to say, " Look what neat thing I did".

She still isn't the greatest at taking naps. She cat naps..that's just the way she is. She sleeps great at night, so I can't complain. Another good thing about her is that if we're out late, She doesn't get cranky. She'll sleep on me in the Ergo carrier or stay awake and socialize. This has actually worked out well because Rob and I are taking an evangelism class at church (The Way of the Master). It's in the evenings and I was worried about it being past her bed time.

Steph's wedding plans are coming along great. The closer we get to her wedding, the more nervous I get for her. People say , "Oh you're not losing a daughter, you're gaining a son."...That's a big fat lie. The Lord tells us in His word that a "Man will leave his parents and cleave to his wife". My daughter will be leaving us to cleave to her new husband. We will not be gaining a person at all. In fact, Rob and I will be praying that we make it easy for her to leave us. We don't want to make it harder for her or hold her back in any way. My relationship with her will change...but I won't have the say that I do now. Come to think of it, I don't really have much of a say now. Maybe it won't be so bad.

Bobby has his licence, car and a job. He's a happy camper. He really is a very good steward of his money. He had the money for his car before he got his licence and actually bought the car before his road test. If he was only as good with his school work...he'd be perfect. Bob's in his last year of school. He decided to finish out his school at home. We gave him the choice of going to our local high school. He decided to stay at home. He's looking into becoming an electrician, an EMT or a physical therapist. Lots of choices, but he hasn't made his final decision. A friend of ours still had his PT books from college. Bobby's reading through them to decide if he can handle it. I must say...I couldn't handle it. Wow..these books are intense. Lets see what he decides.

God Bless,







No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Back to School 2022!!