Friday, August 22, 2008

Detailed Minutes of my Labor

Apparently my daughter, Stephanie is a detail person. While I was in labor with Sarah , she kept a timed list of what she felt was notable. With her permission I'm going to post it. Sarah's birth story with pictures will be on another blog post...when I can get to it.

Aug. 16,2008
4:41am - "Our mommy is in labor. She's having some minor pain but all in all she's excited. I'll keep you updated. I love you; I'm so excited."
4:44am - "Mommy put on Christian music to sooth you during the birth"
5:12am - "Mom finally got into the birthing pool. Her contractions are closer together and are more painful
5:19am - "Aunt Lorrane just got "Schooled" by the mid-wife. Martha's exact words were, "Pizzas get delivered, babies are born." You should've seen Aunt Rainys face,it was priceless!"
5:22am - "Mom's longest contraction in the water. I'm not exactly sure when it's going to end."
5:42am - "Mom wishes she was in the hospital with drugs. "
5:57am - "Judith just walked in, the mid-wives assistant/intern."
6:01am -" Mommy is starting to push you out!"
6:05am - "Marth sees your head"
6:45am -" You're right under mommy's pelvis bone. Martha is having her get out of the pool to speed up the birth."
7:14am- "You're still under her pelvis bone. Martha has been moving her around but your still staying put. You stubborn, just like your daddy."
7:33am -" you're coming out. I see your head."
7:34am -" Empty me by Cris Sligh is plaing. This is mom and I's song."
7:44am - "Your head is out, now just your shoulders then your home free."
7:47 am - "You're out and your beautiful!!"
9:04am - "Your first Sneeze!"
Your weight : 9lbs 11oz
Your length: 21 inches
9:14am - "The first time you nursed."

I was so happy that she kept these details...this is my daughter who tells me all the time that she's not as organized as I am. I beg to differ...I think she's better then I ever was!!!

Just one quick note...I put the christian music on to soothe ME!! I mean..I'm happy if the baby enjoyed it, but it was for me!! I guess Steph just assumed it was for the baby.

1 comment:

Featured Post

Back to School 2022!!