Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Time

It's been a while since I've written. I've been busy, learning how to sew. I'm getting really good at making diapers, inserts, bibs, burp cloths. I've stayed away from making dresses...only because i'm a big wimp. I know once I break out the pattern and start learning that I'll do a decent job and then get better.

I'm also getting ready for Christmas. I love this time of year. I don't know why but having a baby in the house again really makes it special. Not that we "do" Santa, but I love watching her face and seeing her surprise when she gets a new toy.

She loves the tree and keeping her from playing with the ornaments has proven easier then I thought. She's really a pleasant child. I enjoy her very much. She's talking and signing ALOT. Her signing vocabulary is very big but her motor skills are still that of a 15 month old. So, she signs and I don't always understand what she's signing? Wasn't signing suppose to help with understanding them?

When I walk in a room and she's touching something, she says, "No, No, No"...As if to say, "I'm not suppose to be touching this...I'll just tell myself"... This is very cute. It's hard not to laugh. I don't laugh and I do "teach" her that it's wrong, but then I smile as I walk away. I can't help it. Too Funny.

I can't wait to see her face on Christmas morning.

We celebrate the birth of my Savior and I love giving gifts. It's never as good as the gift the the Lord gave me. It's the greatest gift...my salvation. My Savior came to earth and died for me. He loved me enough to suffer and die so that I could be with Him forever. It's a gift that I'll treasure forever. Have you gotten a better gift? Have you accepted the gift that the Savior has for you? You don't have to be good. There's no "Naughty or Nice" list...we're all sinners. This gift is for anyone and everyone who accepts it.

Yes, I enjoy buying gifts.Yes I've purchased way too much for Sarah. Yes, I'll be exhausted...but knowing and understanding the real meaning, Keeps a smile on my face a and joy in my heart.


Merry CHRISTmas!!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Back to School 2022!!