Tuesday, August 25, 2009

To Sew or Not to Sew...That is the question

Ok, so the title is corny but it fits.

I just made my first fitted diaper. I love it!! I use a prefold in it so that only cotton is touching Sarah's tushy. It's great because it keeps all poo's in the prefold and not on the cover. I don't know why this bothers me. I've got enough covers that If I wanted to change her cover with each change I could.

Since I love the fitteds and I love the material that prefolds are made from...I ordered some "Tinkle Traps". These things are great. The comfort and absorbtion of a prefold with the convenience of a fitted. I love them. They are much easier to put on with a wrestling toddler.

Now my problem is...Do I make my own? The Tinkle Traps I purchased were $8.00 each. I can make my own much cheaper. I love the idea of making my own. My problem is my serger. Can I get it to work? Can I keep it running? Can I thread the darn thing? These are the questions.

Since I love making things myself , or in my case, learning how..I think i'll be making my own. Although I love the Tinkle traps, I like my pattern for fitteds better. So i'll have the best of both worlds...Fitted prefolds with my own pattern.

I'll post pics if they turn out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Back to School 2022!!