Monday, June 29, 2009

Their Never Too Young To Start Teaching

I love teaching my children. That is, after all why I choose to home school. With the arrival of Sarah, starts this whole process over again. To be honest...I LOVE IT!! I love watching her face as she realizes what she's looking at or at the marvel when she sees the birds fly.

This age is so very easy to teach. Everything is a lesson. Walking, talking, shopping, swimming,....and the list goes on and on.

Here is what we've been working on lately:

Listening to mama, (ok, this one is vague).

I've been trying to teach her to come to "mama" when I call her. I hate having to run after them.

we've been focusing on our sign language. She loves these dvd's and hasn't started signing,but has started saying the words. Her vocabulary is big, her eye/hand coordination...not so good. LOL Whenever I can ,I use the signs or see items that we've learned the sign to, I focus on those. We're woking on "Bird" these days.

Sarah loves the pool. She has no fear. It amazes me, some children will cling to their parents...Not Sarah, if I put her or take her anywhere...she never gets nervous. So , I just walked into the pool and she didn't react. I told her to kick her legs...she kicked and started laughing. Now I've taught her to splash herself. This may sound crazy, but when I've got lots of little munchkins swimming in our pool, I don't want to have to worry about her getting splashed. Desensitizing her to that is a good idea. Now, I'm just trying to teach her not to stick her head under the water. She'll just dive down, like she's been swimming for years. This kinda freaks me out.

We've not started on any formal teaching, Like letters or numbers, I won't do any of that for years.

We have started teaching her how to use the swiffer duster and shes' shown an interest in the vaccum...is this kid just like her mama or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Back to School 2022!!