Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Curriculum Helpers

I had planned on blogging a list of topics that ACE Covers for Social Studies and Science for 3rd grade. The problem is that I kept going back to my Usborne collection. Every topic we went over , I could find in their Internet Linked encyclopedias. I love those books!!!

Over the summer the kids and I started another "Classical" type curriculum called "Claritas Press Academy". For our memory work, we were learning about the Great Pyramids of Giza near the Nile Delta. I cracked open my Usborne World History and with a few clicks of the mouse, we were taking a virtual tour of an ACTUAL pyramid in Egypt. You should of seen the look of excitement on my 5 y/o's face. Do you know how hard it is to get a 5 y.o interested in history?? It's HARD!!! This did it. He was really enjoying learning about the Pyramids. Thank you USBORNE!!!

I quickly realized that I didn't need a list of sites, I had my Usborne Internet linked encyclopedias. I made a video for a friend of mine who sells Usborne. I'm going to post my video and a link to her Usborne. She does GREAT online parties if you want to earn some for free!!

Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am a Usborne Consultant. Not active really but I love the books.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Back to School 2022!!