Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring has Sprung!!

ok, it's a corny title but I couldn't help myself. I loved todays weather....sunny and 60!! We've had a busy Easter holiday and also found out that Rob's mom died on Good Friday. We were all very sad. She was sick but we didn't expect her to pass away. We had the wake on Monday and the burial on Tuesday.

The wake was a long day. We drove down early and spent the entire day in Queens. The hours were from 2-5 and 7-9. We all went out to eat in between the services. It was nice to spend the time with the entire family. Even our nephews and nieces were there. They're all getting older and have jobs, college, life etc. that keeps them from alot of family gatherings. Although..no one ever misses a funeral. On Tuesday we drove down early and then there was a long drive out to Calverton on LI. Grandma will be buried next to Grandpa at Calverton, which is a veterans cemetery. We'll miss Grandma.

It made me sad that my baby, Sarah will not really get to know Grandma. She won't have any grandparents. She did well with all the long trips and long days. I can't complain.

I think my sister-in-law has some pictures of Sarah with Grandma before she passed away. I'll post those when I get them. They're very special pictures.

It was sad losing Grandma. She was 82. Although she had a long life, it was a shock. We knew she was sick but didn't think it was her time.

We loved her.
Rest in Peace Grandma.

In The Love of Christ,






No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Back to School 2022!!