Monday, September 14, 2015

MFW: Weeks 6 & 7 -Virtual wheat milling

We are really enjoying My Father's World Adventures in US History. I can't say enough about this curriculum. It brings History ALIVE in a way I wish I had been taught.

Both my children are enjoying it and i'm only doing it with my 7 y/o but my 4 y/o loves some of it as well.

During Weeks 6 & 7 our Memory Verse is:

"I am the bread of life. He who comes to me is never hungry and he who follows me will never thirst." 
John 6:35

We're also learning about Colonial days and how they lived. Among that, how they made bread. This happens to be an area close to my heart. Many years ago, a friend was milling her wheat and when I asked , "Why", she sent me this link. Enjoy. 

We have since been milling our own wheat. So when MFW suggested a visit to a bakery or someone who mills wheat...I couldn't resist. 

Here's a small virtual tour of milling wheat. Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Back to School 2022!!