Friday, August 19, 2011

If They Weren't sooo Cute...

It seems that children know instinctly when we've had enough. David has this sense....Today he was crying and I had to put him down. I said, "Ok, that's it...you can cry". I put him down, he seemed to understand that I was at my wits end, looked up at me and smiled from ear to ear. Which of course sent joy coursing through my entire body. Sheeesh.

I love being a mom and especially having another chance is sooo exciting, but I do feel it physically. My allergies are acting up so that is especially hard for me. When I was younger, I had all the energy, never got sick..it was perfect. Too bad my priorities were wrong, my parenting techniques were not consistent and my patience..well, I didn't have any.

I've got patience, priorities, love for doing what I do...just not exactly the energy. I do know that once this weight comes off, I have much more energy, but until I'm done nursing David, it's here to stay. Did I mention that my cute smiler wants nothing to do with food? He's going to be 6 months...I'll try again around 8 months.

"I can do ALL Things with Christ, who strengthens me". 

I'm just thinking out loud here.

God Bless,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Back to School 2022!!