Monday, December 22, 2008

WOW!! Pacifiers..the greatest invention ever!!

Ok, so I should share a little history.

My first dd never took one...my ds never took one but found his thumb at two months old and I was happy. It was great.

Now comes my little Sarah. She did not take a pacifier..at all. She would spit it out and acted like we had given her poison. So, because of the history with my other two I put the binkies in with her toys and forgot about them.

Many people have asked if she took one...I've told them "no". Some people assumed I was against them...i'm not. She never found her thumb but has been sucking on her fingers lately. I think it's cute but didn't think much of it. She was also starting to find her thumb once in a while..so she would alternate between her fingers..1, 2, or 3..what ever mood she was in or she would suck her thumb. It's a cute but disgusting sight that only a mother could love. There's my baby sucking a few fingers...sometimes gagging herself because she doesn't know when to stop...drool dripping down her fingers, hands and yes, drenching her clothing. I would watch this gurgling demonstration with love and awe in my eyes..and at times my gag reflex would chime in. But hey..this is mother-hood...it's worth a few gags right?

Today, there was my little genius sucking away on her fingers when I decided to try the binky...not really expecting anything to "take". Well, color me stupid!! She started sucking on that thing like it was the greatest thing!! To me it WAS the greatest thing. We all watched her like she was taking her first steps. (ok, we're all pathetic and these things make us happy).

Now that she was taking a pacifier we were all excited..would she take one all the time? Would it soothe her in the car? (she gets bored in the car and we all have to hear it, via wailing), will she take one at night?
We were all like a kid in a candy store! So off to the store we went. She got cranky...we gave her the pacifier...and it WORKED!! She went to town on that thing and fell asleep. This was a first for her. She usually cries herself to sleep and me to a frazzled mess.

She is a real mama's girl and i'm the only one who can get her to sleep at night. Tonight my husband put her to sleep w/ her binky and ....

quiet...nothing, nada...she went to sleep!

Now I have for the very first time in my home...a "binky box"..this is a box of assorted age appropriate binkies for my baby.

I just find it odd that she started taking this thing at 4 months old. what took her so long? I'll never know.

In Christ,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Back to School 2022!!